An ideal starting point for anyone wishing to pursue a career in accountancy or finance and provides the knowledge and skills needed to progress either to employment or to further study. The purpose of this qualification is to ensure that you are well prepared to progress into a career in business, finance or professional accountancy, or into further education.
*Accountancy skills in double-entry bookkeeping and basic costing (Journals, control accounts and trial balances)
*Understanding of purchase, sales and general ledgers
*How to use accounting software
*Professional skills and behaviours needed to contribute effectively in the workplace.
*How to process financial information in accordance with company procedures and schedules,
*Creating reports to provide information to colleagues, suppliers and/or customers as required.
At the end of this course you will be able to proceed to study AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3)
This qualification is taught over 27 weeks for daytime classes & 40 weeks for evenings (term time only) and covers five units:
*Elements of Costing
*Using Accounting Software
*Work Effectively in Finance
Each module will include an assessment
You must attend an information session before you book a place on this course, please see the course listing to find an information session.
The Foundation Certificate is open to those who are working and those who are not currently in employment.
This course is suitable for:
* Students with minimal work experience or those who require additional support to progress
* This may include younger learners, those on traineeships seeking basic employability skills
* Adults seeking to validate their existing skills to enter the workplace,
* Those who want to study higher level AAT qualifications but would like to test their abilities before progressing further with AAT.
Those who are self-employed or working in small businesses who wish to do their own bookkeeping. (AAT does not set any prerequisites for the study of the AAT Access Awards)
AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
Notebook, pens, calculator
There are 5 textbooks required for the course at an approximate cost of £54 (there is assistance available with the cost of books dependent upon your individual circumstances)
This course is FREE to anyone who earns less than £15,736 a year and has lived in the UK/EU/EEA for 3 years before the start of the course. If you do not meet these criteria you will need to pay the full fees for this course.
Our learner support team can offer further information about:
* help with fees and / or childcare, books, travel costs etc.
* further advice or guidance about courses or career opportunities
* specific learning, access or disability needs that might affect your learning
please call 0344 800 8020
To book online follow the links on this page
Alternatively please call us on 0344 800 8020.