Directions to venue
From the City Centre, near the Castle, turn along Rouen Road and turn left into King Street.
From the Norwich City Football Club ground, heading away from the ground/retail parks, take the first turning on your right immediately after the river bridge, then turn right again into King Street.
A double qualification that will develop key practical skills used in every business to help start a career in Accountancy to develop practical bookkeeping skills. This course is the first step to further study with AAT in either accountancy or bookkeeping if they would like to do so.
* Successful completion of the course and assessments will result in two certificates, AAT Access Award in Business Skills and AAT Access Award in Bookkeeping.
* Numerical skills needed in the workplace, and in life outside work ranging from simple to working with decimals, percentages and fractions, and applying proportions and ratios.
* Develop an understanding of the role of the bookkeeper, including the need for confidentiality and accuracy in your work.
* Underpinning theory including how to identify assets, liabilities, income and expenses; how to identify profit and loss; and the differences between trading for cash and trading on credit.
* How to process customer and supplier transactions, to enter receipts and payments into the cash book and check amounts against the bank statement in preparation for bank reconciliation.
* An introduction to the dual effect of transactions. This is a fundamental underpinning concept for double-entry bookkeeping and will support students who go on to study bookkeeping at Foundation level.
* An understanding of how different organisations operate, across both the public and private sectors.
* How to contribute effectively in the workplace by working with others, time-management, behaving professionally and maintaining security of data.
* Skills to identify jobs that match your skills and abilities and to apply for a job using an application form or CV.
This qualification is taught over 5 weeks for daytime classes & 7 weeks for evenings with two 90 minute assessments at the end of the course.
You must attend an information session before you book a place on this course, please see the course listing to find an information session.
This course is suitable for:
* Students with minimal work experience or those who require additional support to progress
* This may include younger learners, those on traineeships seeking basic employability skills
* Adults seeking to validate their existing skills to enter the workplace
* Those who want to study higher level AAT qualifications but would like to test their abilities before progressing further with AAT.
* Those who are self-employed or working in small businesses who wish to do their own bookkeeping. (AAT does not set any prerequisites for the study of the AAT Access Awards)
AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting or AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
Notebook, pens, calculator
The textbooks will be lent to learners for the duration of the course and must then be returned.
This course is FREE to anyone who earns less than £16,009 a year and has lived in the UK/EU/EEA for 3 years before the start of the course.
If you do not meet these criteria you will need to pay the full fees for this course of £99.
Our learner support team can offer further information about:
* help with fees and / or childcare, books, travel costs etc.
* further advice or guidance about courses or career opportunities
* specific learning, access or disability needs that might affect your learning
please call 0344 800 8020
To book online follow the links on this page
Alternatively please call us on 0344 800 8020.