Directions to venue
From the City Centre, near the Castle, turn along Rouen Road and turn left into King Street.
From the Norwich City Football Club ground, heading away from the ground/retail parks, take the first turning on your right immediately after the river bridge, then turn right again into King Street.
Designed for new and existing childcare practitioners to gain the necessary skills to launch a career in Early Years. With a City and Guilds Level 2 qualification this course will support your next steps in your career. With units ranging from safeguarding to child development, the course gives a broad knowledge of childcare and prepares learners to work in the childcare sector.
On this course you will learn about:
* How to communicate with children
* Personal development
* Equality and diversity
* Children and young person's development age 0-19 years
* How to complete observations of children's development
* Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
* Contributing to children's health and safety
* Supporting children and young people's positive behaviour
* Contributing to the support of positive environments for children and young people
* Understanding partnership working with services for children and young people
* Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
* Supporting children and young people at snack time.
* Contributing to the support of children's communication, language and literacy.
* Contributing to the support of children's creative development
Learners will provide evidence of their work in a setting and develop practice in working with children including communication, equality and diversity, personal development, child development, health and safety and child protection.
You will receive Information Advice and Guidance on progression to the level 3 course and receive support in the use of e-portfolio system to present your work and evidence.
Taught over the course of an academic year most of the learning will take place online in the comfort of your own home, with the support of a tutor mentor and will include three classroom based workshops.
We will support and guide you over the over the course and you will develop a portfolio of work including:
Assignments and written evidence covering your practice and knowledge
Observations of your work in the setting as a Pre-school/Nursery Assistant.
A variety of teaching methods will be used throughout the course such as lectures, demonstrations, and discussions.
Before attending this course, you will need to attend an information and assessment session.
You will also need to have an established paid or voluntary role within a nursery or playgroup of 6 hours per week and at least one-half terms experience.
You will need to agree with the staff in the setting that they are willing to mentor you through the qualification.
A full and current Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required. Please consult your setting for further guidance on this.
Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (Early Years Educator)
You are requested to bring a notebook and pen.
It is suggested you purchase a level 2 textbook. Your tutor will be able to give more information about this at the information session.
You may be eligible for help with the cost of purchasing textbooks depending on your personal circumstances, please ask at the information session or call learner services on 0344 800 8020
This course is FREE to anyone who earns less than £15,736 a year and has lived in the UK/EU/EEA for 3 years before the start of the course. If you do not meet these criteria you will need to pay the full fees for this course.
Our learner support team can offer further information about:
* help with fees and / or childcare, books, travel costs etc.
* further advice or guidance about courses or career opportunities
* specific learning, access or disability needs that might affect your learning
please call 0344 800 8020
To book online follow the links on this page
Alternatively please call us on 0344 800 8020.