The nationally recognised Level 3 qualification for Pre-school and Nursery Assistants. This course is delivered over the period of eighteen months.
* Level 5 Leadership and Management.
* You are requested to bring a notebook and pen to first session. Further requirements will be given at that time, including information on recommended text books.
* If costs are shown, learners are advised not to buy anything until it is confirmed that the course will run.
* For Pre-school and Nursery Assistants with a minimum of 1 years' experience working as an employee, FS English and maths level 2 or equivalent and a Disclosure and Barring Service check in place. Enrolment is subject to successful completion of a pre-course guidance interview.
* You will be required to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of early years education and care, including that you can support and promote children's early education and development, plan and provide effective care, teaching and learning that enables children to progress and prepares them for school, make accurate and productive use of assessment, develop effective and informed practice, safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children, work in partnership with the key person, colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals.
The course is taught over the period of eighteen months including 30 taught sessions.
Your completed portfolio will include a number of assignments and reflective accounts covering theory and knowledge, your practice and visits/observations of your work in your setting as a Pre-school/Nursery Assistant. You will cover all the National Occupational Standards for Early Years Practitioner at level 3. You should anticipate approximately eight hours homework per week.
A variety of teaching methods will be used throughout the course such as lectures, demonstrations, discussions and activities.
* This is an advanced level 3 course and suitable for practitioners who already have a year's experience working 10 hours per week and in a Keyworker role.
* Learners should previously have completed a level 2 course.
You can take a learner loan to cover the costs of this course, you can also add some additional costs to the loan such as Childcare. For more information on advanced learner loans please click https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan
Alternatively contact us on 0344 8008020
You can also pay the costs of this course using a credit or debit card, and your employer may be able to pay upon invoice.
Our learner support team can offer further information about:
* help with fees and / or childcare, books, travel costs etc.
* further advice or guidance about courses or career opportunities
* specific learning, access or disability needs that might affect your learning
please call 0344 800 8020
To book online follow the links on this page
Alternatively please call us on 0344 800 8020.