For those who would like to gain a maths Functional Skills qualification with this flexible course designed around you. Learn how to apply maths to a variety of everyday situations to help you at home and in work.
This course is blended which means you will work in the comfort of your own home with the support of a mentor, for half the course, and attend one classroom session a week.
This course will help you to improve your skills in:
* Adding, subtracting, dividing and multiplying
* Using a calculator
* Metric measurements
* Area, perimeter and volume
* Problem solving
* A functional skill provides you with a recognised qualification in Maths, many employers view this as evidence that you meet their basic requirements. Many educational establishments and employers will accept a functional skills level 2 instead of a GSCE
A weekly class session and 2.5 hours a week of supported self-study will be needed to achieve the level of qualification you're aiming for. Elements of self-study using our online learning tool BKSB and a variety of resources, coursework and exams.
Throughout the course you will be taught everything you need to know for the final assessment and to progress in your studies and career.
Before you start the course, you will need to complete an initial and diagnostic assessment, so we can understand the level you are currently working at. This can be done online at home before attending being allocated a mentor.
If English is not your first language, then you may need to complete ESOL level 2 or IELTS 6.5 before enrolling on this course
Progress GCSE Maths, or one of our vocational courses.
You may also like to study English or ICT Functional Skills.
Access to a computer or tablet will be essential to participate on this course.
There are no additional costs to this course.
This course is FREE to anyone who earns less than £15,736 a year and has lived in the UK/EU/EEA for 3 years before the start of the course. If you do not meet these criteria you will need to pay the full fees for this course.
Our learner support team can offer further information about:
* help with fees and / or childcare, books, travel costs etc.
* further advice or guidance about courses or career opportunities
* specific learning, access or disability needs that might affect your learning
please call 0344 800 8020
To book online follow the links on this page
Alternatively please call us on 0344 800 8020.