Directions to venue
From the City Centre, near the Castle, turn along Rouen Road and turn left into King Street.
From the Norwich City Football Club ground, heading away from the ground/retail parks, take the first turning on your right immediately after the river bridge, then turn right again into King Street.
Designed to help you achieve a maths Functional Skills qualification in 6 weeks. As part of a friendly and relaxed group you will learn how to apply maths to a variety of everyday situations to help you at home and in work.
This course will help you to improve your skills in:
* Adding, subtracting, dividing and multiplying
* Using a calculator
* Metric measurements
* Area, perimeter and volume
* Problem solving
* A functional skill provides you with a recognised qualification in Maths, many employers view this as evidence that you meet their basic requirements. Many educational establishments and employers will accept a functional skills level 2 instead of a GSCE
How long the course runs for 2.5 hours once a week until you achieve the level of qualification you're aiming for. There will be group work as well an opportunity to work individually.
Self-study using our online learning tool BKSB, coursework and exams.
This course is mixed ability and you will be able to work at a pace that suits you.
Throughout the course you will be taught everything you need to learn for the end point assessment and to progress in your studies and career.
Before you start the course, you will need to complete an initial and diagnostic assessment, so we can understand the level you are currently working at. This can be done online at home before attending.
If English is not your first language, then you may need to complete ESOL level 2 or IELTS 6.5 before enrolling on this course
Progress GCSE Maths, or one of our vocational courses.
You may also like to study English or ICT Functional Skills.
Notebook, pens, calculator and highlighter pens
There are no additional costs to this course.
This course is FREE to anyone who earns less than £15,736 a year and has lived in the UK/EU/EEA for 3 years before the start of the course. If you do not meet these criteria you will need to pay the full fees for this course.
Our learner support team can offer further information about:
* help with fees and / or childcare, books, travel costs etc.
* further advice or guidance about courses or career opportunities
* specific learning, access or disability needs that might affect your learning
please call 0344 800 8020
To book online follow the links on this page
Alternatively please call us on 0344 800 8020.